Can you imagine making Glitter without spending money?
In my opinion, Glitter is the cutest thing ever! From party decorations to DIY crafts, there’s no limit to where you can find them. But if you want to save money and create Glitter yourself, here’s what you need to know.
Glitter is fun to play around with, but it can also be used for amazing things such as creating jewelry, decorating cakes, and much more. This tutorial shows you how to make Glitter using household items and ingredients.
Steps to follow and Points to remember while making Glitter at home
The first thing you need is to get our supplies together! You will need:-
• 1 cup of corn starch.
• 2 cups of water – the hotter, the better.
• A few drops of food coloring.
• One box of Glitter.
• A large bowl.
Steps To Follow :
1. Then let’s begin by combining all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet
ingredients in another.
2. Add four drops of blue to the dry mix, then add 1/2 cup of the hot water. Stir until
just combined. The mixture should have a thick consistency, almost like pancake
batter. Don’t worry if there are still some lumps that remain.
3. Add the Glitter and stir again. Pour into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool completely before cutting into squares and removing from the pan.
4. Repeat steps 3-6 but uses red food coloring instead of blue.
5. This recipe makes about 40 small pieces of Glitter. If you want larger chunks,
increase the amount of water and decrease the starch.
6. Why put the Glitter in after adding the water. Glitter is not soluble in water so it
will stay on top of the cake. That way, when you cut the cake into squares, the Glitter
will stick to the courts and not fall off.
How can you use the Glitter?
You could glue the Glitter onto anything like paper, wood, glass, etc. Then once the item has dried, use something sharp to cut out a design.
Is Glitter Banned in the USA?
Unfortunately, Glitter isn’t banned in the United States. Some stores do sell Glitter products, but they’re usually expensive. So we can make our own.
How is Glitter bad for the environment?
It’s essential to use eco-friendly Glitter because the chemicals used to produce Glitter can pollute the air. Using eco-friendly Glitter means less trash being thrown away and helps keep our planet clean
So what does Glitter do to people?
Glitter can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. Some people even report getting severe headaches while wearing Glitter.
What is plastic-free Glitter made of?
Plastic-free Glitter is usually made using recycled materials. Glass jars, egg cartons, or other cardboard boxes can collect the Glitter. Once collected, the Glitter can be poured directly into a mason jar.
Thus making Glitter will be a fun job to do at home. You can include your kids and teach them the essential tricks to carry out crafts. Please do it under necessary precautions. Let’s Shine and Dazzle.