If you’re looking into buying baby monitors, there’s a lot to consider. From features to price, there are a few different factors that come into play. In this guide, we’ll explain what you should look out for when shopping for your next baby monitor.
Baby monitors are an essential part of every parent’s life. They allow parents to keep tabs on their children while they sleep. Some even offer features such as night vision and remote viewing. However, choosing the right baby monitor can be a challenge.
We’ve researched for you. Here’s our guide to buying the best baby monitor available today.
What features do you need in a baby monitor?
1. High-quality sound and video for the best viewing experience of your little one, as well as being able to see what’s going on around them.
2. A wide range of battery settings so that it can work with different power sources.
3. The ability to make adjustments using an app or remote control.
4. An easy-to-use interface and intuitive controls so that even if you have no prior experience operating a baby monitor, you will be able to use it easily.
5. Night vision so that you can keep tabs on your child after dark without being bothered by bright lights.
6. Wireless connectivity, so you don’t have to worry about cords getting tangled or tripping hazards. You also won’t have to deal with messy wires every time you move the device from room to room.
7. Noise reduction technology to hear everything that is happening in the nursery while still having the best possible view of what is going on.
8. Weatherproofing so that you don” t have to worry about water damage when you are away from home. This is especially important for those who live in areas where there may be heavy rains.
9. Easy installation so that you can get up and running quickly without needing to hire a professional to install the equipment for you.
10. A rechargeable battery so that you can save money over purchasing batteries regularly.
11. A microphone so that you can speak to your kids from anywhere in the house.
12. And last but not least, a display screen so that you can check out the stats on how active your child has been during their nap time.
What features do YOU NOT need in a baby monitor?
1. Any type of camera that requires the attachment of an external lens to get quality images.
2. The sound quality is too loud.
3. Too many buttons and functions.
4. No night vision.
5. Not enough storage space.
6. Not enough battery life.
7. Poor image quality.
8. No parental monitoring.
9. Difficult to set up.
Which is the best baby monitor to buy in the USA?
1. iBaby M6S wifi Baby Monitor
The iBaby M6S is the top choice among parents looking for a high-performance baby monitor. It offers excellent audio and video quality and all the other great features that come standard with this model. All you need to do is download the free iBaby Connect App to get started. Once you’re connected, you can begin streaming real-time footage directly to your phone. This allows you to look at your child in real-time wherever you happen to be. You can also talk to them through the built-in microphone. It works with two-way communication allowing you to speak back and forth through the monitor.
There are three cameras to choose from: Infrared for night vision, 2.0 megapixel color for day viewing and 1.3 megapixel color for day and night viewing. The camera mounts to most flat surfaces, including walls and ceilings. You can even use it as a night light by turning off the lights and leaving just one lamp on. In addition to being easy to set up and use, the iBaby M6S comes with all the necessary accessories
such as a remote control, charger base, wall mount, extra camera lenses, and more.
- Excellent sound and video quality.
- Great range and connection speed.
- Night vision feature.
- Two-way communication.
- Some people find the design bulky.
- Camera mounts only work vertically.
2. Philips AVENT DECTALOGY HD WIFI BABY MONITOR
This baby monitor delivers outstanding picture quality thanks to its 720p resolution. It provides crystal clear images whether you watch live or record footage later with the included SD card slot. The video feed can be viewed on any device with an HDMI port. The Philips AVENT DECTAGOLHDWIFI BABY MONITOR is designed to offer maximum comfort for parents and babies. With the push of a button, you can change the room lighting. It connects easily to your home network via 802.11n wireless technology.
- Stunning picture quality.
- Easy setup.
- Works well with smartphones.
- Good sound quality.
- A limited number of colors are available.
3. Philips AVENT DUCTACAM WIRELESS SLEEP & MONITOR WITH INTELLIGENT NIGHT VISION
This baby monitor has everything you want in a smart baby monitor – it includes a sleep tracking sensor that will help you know when your little one needs to go to bed and a nursery mode that turns the screen black and white so you won’t disturb anyone sleeping inside the room. It also has a wide-angle lens that lets you see what’s going on in the whole room. When you wake up during the night, you’ll hear your baby’s cries thanks to the speaker and the microphone. This Philips AVENT DUCTA CAM WIRELESS SLEEP MONITOR WITH INTElligent NIGHT VISION is compatible with the Alexa voice assistant. Just connect your smartphone to the unit using Bluetooth connectivity and ask Alexa to play some music, check the weather forecast, read out loud to your kid, or tell you about the latest news headlines.
- Sleep tracking.
- Wide-angle lens.
- Speakers and mic.
- Compatible with Alexa voice assistant.
- Not suitable for those who have sensitive skin.
4. Panasonic VIERA CX5200N Baby Monitor
This is another best monitor for new moms and dads. It has a wide field of view camera that gives you a good overview of the room and can capture moving objects. Even if your baby moves around while you’re watching them, you’ll still be able to see their face. The panoramic display ensures that you don’t miss anything. The touch panel makes it easier to adjust the settings. And the temperature and humidity sensors provide accurate readings.
- Good visibility
- Easy to use
- Touchscreen controls
- Temperature and humidity sensors
- Some users say issues are connecting the camera to the app
5. Samsung EJ360LN Smart LED HD wifi Video Baby Monitor
This is an updated version of the popular EJ320LN. Both models have a full HD 1080p camera that system that allows you to talk to your baby through the speakers. These cameras come with a motion detection feature
that alerts you whenever someone walks into the room. You can set the sensitivity level as low as -50dbm or high as 25dbm. There are five different light levels to choose from. You can control these lights remotely through the app.
- Two-way communication between parent and child.
- Motion detection.
- Sound activation feature.
- Remotely controlled lights.
- The buttons can be hard to press.
Are smart baby monitors worth it?
Yes, they are! With all the options available today, picking the suitable model for your needs isn’t difficult.
Why are all baby monitors terrible?
You probably already know this, but just in case, here are some reasons why most baby monitors aren’t great:
They often lack privacy. If you leave your door open while having sex, your baby
might hear every detail. Or, if you have wild monkey parties at home, your neighbors
could be privy to your every move.
Many baby monitors make too much noise. We’ve all been there where we had to
hold our screaming newborn babies close to us because their crying was drowning
out any other sound.
But not only does the baby’s crying get annoying, but it also gets tiring.
Besides, once your baby grows older, he’ll start making sounds of his own, and it
would be nice to enjoy them without being interrupted.
Can baby monitors work without wifi?
Of course, they can! Most modern baby monitors come with a 2.4 GHz radio frequency transmitter which means you won’t have to worry about whether your internet connection is stable enough to stream videos. Some even offer an ethernet port instead of wifi.
How many hours of battery life should I expect?
Most modern monitors come with at least 8 hours of battery life. However, this depends on the type of device used, its brightness, how frequently it updates, and more. So consider buying extra batteries if you think you’re going to be away from your baby for long periods.
Is a baby monitor safe?
Any monitoring device that works over wifi or Bluetooth is considered safe by American federal agencies. However, you should never use one in conjunction with another radiation source such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, and microwaves. If you notice anything strange happening around your house, don’t hesitate to contact your local health department immediately.
Do you need to buy a new monitor each year?
As technology progresses, so will the capabilities of newer models. And since they are constantly updating new versions of their products, you shouldn’t have to purchase a new baby monitor each year. However, if you want a more advanced unit, then yes, you should keep getting new ones.
Should you go for wireless or wired baby monitors?
Wireless baby monitors are usually less expensive than those that require a power cord. Plus, you can quickly relocate them when needed. On the downside, you’ll have to deal with range issues. You may find yourself running out of space before you run out of a wall socket. Also, not everyone has access to free wifi, and you’ll have no choice but to plug into a landline to connect to a traditional monitor. That
said, if you live near a Starbucks or McDonald’s, you’ll find plenty of hotspots. However, if you plan on moving your monitor regularly, then wired units are a better option. They cannot be moved as quickly as a wireless unit. But, if you don’t mind lugging your monitor around, then wired models are still more convenient.
Therefore you have to focus on your comfort and place or the methods that you follow at your home to select Baby Monitor’s. Always remember to look out for comfortable and stress-free options in doing so. You and the child must not experience any hindrance at any phase