Be proud of your tiger stripes
Stretch marks occur when the skin is stretched, pulled, or torn. They can be caused by pregnancy and weight gain during your child’s first year of life. If you have stretch marks on your stomach or thighs, it may mean that you’ve been pregnant recently. This will cause a temporary change in how your body looks; however, most people who experience this usually don’t keep them for very long. It is a common skin condition in pregnant women and people who have gained weight rapidly.
These lines appear on the thighs, breasts, abdomen, buttocks, arms, hands, legs, neck, back, shoulders, chest, face, stomach, upper arm, lower leg, feet, and other areas with rapid stretching of the skin.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretching the skin too much can lead to permanent scarring. Several factors contribute to stretch marks, including genetics, hormones, diet, stress, age, illness, injury, medical procedures, medications, smoking, alcohol consumption, sun exposure, exercise, birth control pills, and even cosmetic surgery. The exact reason why stretch marks happen varies depending on what type they are.
How to Get rid of stretch marks in a natural way?
There are many ways to remove stretch marks from the body. Here we discuss some home remedies which help to reduce those ugly scars.
1) Aloe Vera: The aloe vera plant is one of nature’s best gifts. Its gel contains an enzyme called “Aloeverin” that helps heal damaged tissue and speed up curing time. You can use fresh juice extracted from aloe leaves as well as its gel form.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV is known to kill bacteria and fungi and works great at removing dead cells from the skin’s surface. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water and apply it directly onto the affected area twice daily until the mark disappears. Wash off after 15 minutes using plain soap.
3) Baking Soda: Baking soda is another effective remedy for treating stretch marks. Just mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch and rub them into the affected area. Leave it overnight before washing it away with warm soapy water. Repeat every night till the stretch marks disappear.
4) Banana Peel: Bananas contain high levels of vitamin A and potassium. Rubbing banana peel over the affected part once a day will help fade out the stretch marks. Make sure not to leave any residue behind.
5) Lemon Juice: Squeeze half lemon juice mixed with honey and apply it regularly to the affected parts. Rinse off after 30-60 minutes. Do this two times per week.
6) Milk Thistle Extract: Milk thistle extract is used to treat liver damage and improve overall health. Take 250 mg twice daily.
7) Olive Oil: Apply olive oil directly onto the affected area and massage gently. Let it stay for 10-15 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
8) Tea Tree Essential Oils: Use tea tree essential oils diluted in coconut oil or almond oil. Massage it into the affected area 3 times per week.
9) Vitamin E: Some experts claim that applying vitamin E cream to the affected area reduces their appearance within days. However, others say that it doesn’t work. So try both methods and see what happens.
10) Witch Hazel: Another popular method involves rubbing witch hazel directly on the affected area.
How to buy Creams or Lotions available in the market To cure Stretch marks?
There are various products available on the market, but they all come with side effects. Many of these products are expensive too. Thus, if you want to avoid such problems, here are a few tips that might prove helpful.
First of all, never pick up a product without reading reviews about it online.
Secondly, always read instructions carefully and follow them exactly as written.
Thirdly, make sure that you buy products that are safe and organic.