It will be a nightmare if you own a lovely new bathroom with a walk-in shower that is not shielded by anything except marble or stone, which can be ruined once it gets wet. One option is to get a permanent bath curtain, but that could mean damaging your budget even more; as a budget-conscious individual, chances are, you wouldn’t have additional funds for expensive and hard-to-install curtains. There are also questions about potential mold growth in there unless you happen to find it.
Why You Need a Shower Curtain for Your Bathroom?
A shower curtain is an item that you need for your bathroom. This item not only prevents water from splashing all over the place but also keeps the grime and mold from gathering on the walls of your shower. If you don’t have a shower curtain, water splashes every time you take a shower.
A shower curtain made of waterproof fabric can save you from this. Your bathroom gets ruined if the shower curtain gets water splashed on it.
One of the most common shower curtains that you can get is the vinyl shower curtain. This curtain can withstand the test of time, and it is also less likely to catch mold or mildew. A shower curtain made of vinyl is also better than a nylon shower curtain. Nylon is the type of fabric that cannot withstand the test of time, and it quickly gets moldy or mildewed. It would help if you were careful when choosing a vinyl shower curtain.
What Should You Consider When Buying a Shower Curtain?
It would help if you always thought about the size of your shower when purchasing a shower curtain. This is because it will determine how much of your body can be covered by the curtain and how much water will leak out from the shower. It would help if you always thought about the size of your battery when buying a shower curtain. In the past, women used their hands to hold the curtain while showering. If you are shorter than 5’3″, it is recommended that you consider getting a 10-inch shower curtain as this will give you enough Privacy.
When you purchase a shower curtain, it is recommended that you get one made of quality materials. Please choose a suitable material for your shower curtain to increase its durability. You can use mildew, and rust-resistant fabric, as well as have water-resistant fabric that is easy to clean. You can also opt for the curtain with unique rubber and plastic coating to block mildew from forming on the curtains. Whether you buy the shower curtain with a rod for the top, or the one that is hung on a wall, the curtains should be safe from slipping. When choosing the fabric, choose durable, lightweight, and strong. If you live in a warm climate or an area with mild weather, you can opt for a heavy weave of fabric that has water-repellent properties.
What are some Different Brands of Shower Curtains available in the USA?
Some of the most popular brands of shower curtains available in the USA are:
- CA Kids is one of the well-known and trusted brands in the market; they sell quality fabrics that are easy to clean and easily altered. American families popularly use their brand.
- First Choice – has a wide variety of fabrics to choose from and can be easily altered. The brand is famous for its versatility and is suitable for families with kids, and it is also available in large sizes.
- Kirkland Signature – is very popular because of its easy-to-clean fabrics and comprehensive options.
- Lennox – is known for its heavy, sturdy fabric and reliable washable quality. It has a wide selection of easy to alter and is readily available in large sizes.
- Vanity Fair – is a brand that has been well-known in the market for many years. Its quality fabric is easy to wash and dry, and its patterns are unique.
- The culprit – is a must-have if you have a girly baby. The brand is famous for its prints and bright colors, and it is available in 2-6 months and 6-12 months.
- Happy baby – has a wide variety of choices, with beneficial information on how to alter the pieces to suit your baby’s age and growth. It is one of the top brands in the market so that you can be assured of the quality of the fabric and the comfort level of your baby.
- Lotus – is a well-known brand that has been in the market for quite some time. It is one of the highest quality brands on the market, and its designs are unique.
Some Great Reasons to Choose a Bath Curtain Instead of a Door
Some great reasons to choose a bath curtain instead of a door are that they provide Privacy, save Energy, and offer a more luxurious feel.
Save Energy – depending on where you live and how old your child is, you may not need to use a shower curtain. If you live in a warmer climate, you can skip using a shower curtain and save Energy by using the bathroom door. If you have a child who is potty training, or if you are going to take your child on vacation, this will also save energy as you will not need to do a significant paper change in the bathroom. If you are a parent who lives in a hot climate, it may not be necessary to have your child use a shower curtain and have it stay on the door. Why waste energy to heat or cool a bathroom that does not even have a curtain?
Provide Privacy – if you have young children and you want to keep their bathroom private, then a shower curtain is the way to go. A shower curtain will completely block their view of the bathroom if they are sitting in the bathroom or going to the bathroom. Some of the curtains come with hooks so that you can hang them over the shower door and pull it closed. This will keep the child from seeing inside the bathroom while in the shower. Of course, there will always be those kids who do not care and will still walk around with their shirts off to peek over the curtain.
Knowing about the best shower curtain for your bathroom is essential if you own a lovely new bathroom with a walk-in shower not shielded by anything except marble or stone, which can be ruined once it gets wet. One option is to get a permanent bath curtain, but that could mean damaging your budget even more; as a budget-conscious individual, chances are, you wouldn’t have additional funds for expensive and hard-to-install curtains.