The electric kettle is an essential product. When you choose the right one, it will be your choice for life. How often do you find yourself boiling water in the kitchen? If you answered ‘all the time,’ then there’s a chance you could be using the wrong kettle!
Today’s electric kettles come in a wide range of designs and sizes. Even some can heat water up to 200°C and dispense it at temperatures as low as 60°C.
This post will look at the different types of kettles out there and help you decide which is best for you.
Some Interesting features present in present world’s electric Cookers
Electric Kettle with a Built-In Programmable Thermostat
These kettles come with built-in programmable thermostats, which allow users to set and control their oven temperature automatically from anywhere they want.
Programmable Countertop Electric Kettle with LCD Display & Timer This electric kettle has an LCD on its body where users can check the boiling time and other functions.
It also comes with a timer function, so you don’t need to worry about running out of water when cooking.
Countertop Electric Kettle with LED Display
This type of electric kettle usually consists of an LED display that shows the amount of water left in the kettle and the boiling time at a glance.
Smart Kettle With Touchscreen And Digital Clock
The intelligent kettle feature allows you to adjust settings like the boiling level and track how much water you have used through a digital clock. You can even use this touchscreen kettle as a digital kitchen scale.
Kettle with a Water Level Indicator
If you’re looking for a simple and easy way to measure the amount of water left inside the kettle, then this kind of electric kettle is what you should go for. A small window on the lid gives you a clear view of the water level.
LED Color Changing Kettle
LED color-changing kettles are becoming more popular because they look great whether you’re using them at home or entertaining guests. They can change colors depending on the food being cooked.
Digital Kitchen Scale
This kind of electric kettle uses an electronic scale to measure the weight of food items. Some models can even weigh multiple items simultaneously.
This electric kettle doesn’t require water to boil; instead, it heats food using steam produced by electricity.
If you want to get boiled water quickly, this button could be the perfect solution. Push it down once, and presto! You’ll have hot water ready to drink.
What are Some tips to know before Buying an Electric Kettle?
1. Keep in mind that most electric kettles come with a one-year warranty. That means that if anything goes wrong within that period, you will receive a replacement unit free of charge. However, you may need to pay shipping costs and taxes when returning the faulty unit.
2. Make sure that the kettles you choose have enough space to accommodate large pots and pans. Most electric kettles on the market today include a built-in basket to hold cooking utensils. In addition, many of these units also have lids that open to reveal a second shelf where you can add more items.
3. When shopping for electric kettles, make sure that they have good quality controls. This includes temperature settings, timer features, and programmable options.
4. Consider the size of the pot or pan you plan to use with your electric kettle. The majority of modern electric kettles feature capacities ranging from two cups up to six quarts.
5. Choose a model that offers easy cleaning. This will save you money because you won’t have to spend extra money on cleaning products.
6. Look at the safety features offered by the electric kettles you are considering. Some models offer removable parts to prevent possible damage during heating. Others provide a thermal cutout switch to shut off the power once the desired temperature has been reached.
7. Be sure to consider the number of electrical outlets present in your kitchen area. Many electric kettles require access to three different outlets to operate correctly.
8. Before getting a new electric kettle, ask yourself whether you plan to use it often. Electric kettles are not cheap. You don’t want to be disappointed after buying one only to find out that you rarely use it.
9. Lastly, take into consideration the type of environment your electric kettle will reside in. If you live in a cold climate, you should ensure that your electric kettle does not get too hot. On the other hand, if you live in a warm region, you should watch the temperature setting when using your electric kettle.
What are some best Electric Kettles available in the USA?
We are here to help you find the best kettles for your needs. Check out our list below of the best-selling electric kettles currently available in the USA. We have done all the work for you and checked each item against our buying guide to ensure you buy the best kettles.
1. Breville BES870XL Stainless Steel Cooktop Electric Double Boiler – $199.99
2. Chef’s Choice DCS632C 6 qt. Stainless Steel Electric Double Boiler with Programmable Temperature Control – $179.95
3. Cuisinart DCC-DC200 8 cup Ceramic Nonstick Coffeemaker – $89.98
4. Instant Pot DUO60 7 Qt. Pressure Cooking Multi-Function – $119.99
5. Prestone 1/2 Gallon Stainless Steel Electric Double Boilers – $50.00
6. Thermomix TMX824 3qt. Glass Mixing Bowls – $79.99
7. Oster EK904 4qt. All-Purpose Electric Double Boiler –$99.97
8. Hamilton Beach 2 Cup Coffee Maker – $39.99
9. Hamilton Beach 2 Cup French Press Coffee Maker (Black) – $49.98
10. Hamilton Beach 2 Cup Espresso Maker – $29.9
How do you know if my electric kettle works?
Before purchasing an electric kettle, check to see if yours has any defects. Please read the user manual carefully to make sure it functions properly. If there is no manufacturer’s warranty included, read about how long those warranties last. Also, look into customer reviews online so you can see what other people think about the product before making a purchase.
How long should you run an electric kettle?
The best way to determine the amount of time you should leave your electric kettle is to refer to its instruction manual. For example, some kettles indicate “10 minutes” while others say “12 hours.” You must follow all instructions provided by the manufacturer to avoid damaging your device.
How to clean an electric kettle?
If you are looking to clean your electric kettle, you may want to invest in a bottle brush. To clean out the inside of your kettle, pour boiling water through the spouts located on each side. Then, fill the kettle with about half of the liquid recommended by the manufacturer. Once this level has been reached, let the water flow until there is no longer any steam coming out of the holes. Next, remove the lid and rinse the interior thoroughly with clear running water. Allow the kettle to dry completely before reusing it.
What Are Some Ways to store an electric kettle safely?
As mentioned earlier, electric kettle handles can become very slippery when wet due to their material composition. Because of this, you mustn’t place them directly on a countertop. Instead, it would help if you always rested your kettle on a sturdy surface such as a tabletop. Also, be sure never to put hot objects down on a wooden floor as this could cause severe damage. Instead, transfer your hot thing onto a heat-resistant mat or towel.
What is the fastest boiling electric kettle?
The fastest boiling electric kettle is highly dependent on the size of the container and the wattage used to generate the heat. The smaller the container and the lower the wattage, the faster the boil. However, this also means a higher risk of overheating the item being boiled. For instance, if you were to boil a cup of coffee in a 10 oz. Mug, then you would need approximately 2 watts of electricity. In contrast, boiling a 12 oz. the mug would require about 3.2 watts.
The best electric kettles tend to be those with a timer function. This allows you to set your preferred time for tea to brew and then put the kettle away when it has finished. It also prevents you from forgetting about the kettle while you are out. Some models even have alarms to remind you when the water needs topping up.