Lake Shawnee Amusement park has been providing entertainment since 1892. Located just outside of Columbus, Ohio, Lake Shawnee offers rides, games, shows, live music, reworks, and more.
Do you love amusement parks? If so, then Lake Shawnee Amusement park is worth checking out!
This place has been around since 1894 and was initially built as a resort for wealthy families. Today, it’s a family-owned and operated amusement park located near Columbus, Ohio.
This article will let you know all about it and give you my top reasons why you should visit this fantastic place.
1) Sky coaster – This ride is the tallest in the state, with a height of over 300 feet. It’s also one of the most thrilling rides at the park.
2) Tornado – A classic wooden roller coaster that takes riders through twists and turns.
3) Tilt-a-Whirl – This old favorite is still going strong. You can expect to get dizzy on this one.
4) Water Slide – Splash around in the water slide area.
5) the Big Dipper – This giant swing is a great way to enjoy the view of the lake from above.
6) Kiddie Swing – This little slide is perfect for children. They’ll have a blast sliding down this hill.
7) Miniature Golf – There are two miniature golf courses available for guests to play.
8) Arcade Games – There are plenty of arcade games for guests to play. Some favorites include air hockey, pinball, and pool.
9) Water Slides – Guests can cool off in the water slides or swim in the lazy river.
10) Boating – Guests can rent rowboats, paddleboats, and pedal boats by the day or night.
11) Fishing – Guests can fish right from the shoreline.
12) Beach Volley Ball – Play beach volleyball on the sand.
13) Basketball – Shoot some hoops on the court.
14) Tennis – Hit some balls on the courts.
15) Horseback Riding – Rent horses and take a leisurely ride along the trails.
16) Zip Line – Fly across the lake using these cables.
17) Bowling – Have fun bowling on the lanes.
18) Ice Cream – Grab an ice cream cone after riding your favorite ride.
19) Carousel – Ride the carousel and sing along to the tunes.
20) Train Rides – Hop aboard the train and travel back in time.
21) Haunted House – Get scared witless during the Halloween season.
22) Snowboarding – Enjoy snowboarding on the slopes.
23) Skateboard Park – Test your skills on the ramps and rails.
24) Go Karting – Race goes karts on the track.
25) Paintball – Get shot up like a video game.
26) Laser Tag – Fight against other players in a war zone.
27) Zipline – Take a zipline tour of the park.
28) Scavenger Hunt – Find hidden items throughout the park.
29) Petting Zoo – Meet animals such as goats, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, and more.
30) Pony Rides – Board a horse and take a leisurely trail ride.
31) Movie Theater – Watch a movie while sitting inside the theater.
32) Live Shows – Check out live performances every weekend.
33) Fireworks Show – Catch the beautiful display of fireworks each Friday and Saturday night.
34) Food Court – Eat lunch or dinner at any of the food vendors.
35) Ice Cream Shop – Buy an ice cream sandwich or shake before heading home.
36) Gift Shops – Browse through the many gift shops for unique souvenirs.
37) Entertainment – Listen to music, watch movies, and play games at the arcade.
38) Funhouse – Enter the funhouse and scream your head off!
39) Kid’s Kingdom – Let kids run wild in the kid’s playground.
40) Lake View – Relax by the lake and look at all the activities taking place.
41) Lakefront Café – Stop by the café for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
42) Swimming Pool – Swim laps in the heated swimming pool.
43) Water Sports – Rent jet skis, kayaks, paddleboards, and more
When did Lake Shawnee Amusement park close?
The amusement park closed permanently on July 31st, 2016. The park was opened in 1961 and has been open until now. It is located near the intersection of U.S. Highway 24 and State Route 6 in Lakeland, Florida.
How do I get there?
From Interstate 75: Exit onto US-24 North/State Road 6 East. Drive east approximately 3 miles to the park entrance on the left side of the road. From Interstate 10: Exit onto US-90 South/US-24 West. Drive west approximately 2 miles to the park entrance.
Where can I stay nearby?
There are several hotels within walking distance of the park. You may also nd accommodations online via Booking.com or Hotels.com.
What should I bring with me when visiting Lake Shawnee Amusements Park?
Bring cash for parking, rides, and food. Also, you will need sunscreen and bug spray if you plan to visit during the summer months.
Can I buy tickets online?
Yes. Tickets can be purchased online via Ticketmaster.
Are pets allowed at the park?
No. Pets are not allowed at the park.
Is smoking permitted at the park?
Smoking is prohibited at Lake Shawnee, Amusement Park.
Do I have to pay extra to use the restroom?
Yes. There are restrooms available inside the park that charge $1 per person.
How long does it take to drive from Lake Shawnee Amusement Park to Disney World?
It takes about one hour to travel from Lake Shawnee Amusement Park to Disney World.
How much do gas stations cost near Lake Shawnee Amusement Park?
Gas prices vary greatly depending on where you’re traveling from. The closest gas station to the park is7 miles away. Gas costs between $2.79 and $3.49 per gallon.
Which way is Lake Shawnee Amusement Park located?
Lake Shawnee is located approximately 15 miles southwest of Orlando International Airport. If you’re coming from the airport, follow signs for MCO. Otherwise, you can follow signs for Orange County Regional Airport, located in Winter Garden, FL.
If you love to go to amusement parks, then you must visit Lake Shawnee Amusement Park once!