The ultimate stocking stuffer.
Do you ever nd yourself looking at the same old items in your house and thinking, “I need to get rid of these!”? Well, here are some ideas to help you out.
We all want our homes to look nice, but sometimes it seems like there isn’t enough time to keep things clean and tidy. So, if you feel overwhelmed by clutter and don’t know where to start, this list should inspire you.
Here are some ideas to help inspire you to declutter your home.
You could even choose something with a personal message on it or maybe a quote from someone special.
1) Get a new chopping board – This is one of those small things that can make such a big difference to how your kitchen looks and feels. It will also be great when entertaining as guests can use it instead of using your table.
2) Clear out your fridge – If you have had an item in your fridge for a long time, it may not be getting used anymore, so why not clear it out and see what else you can do with it. For example, I recently got rid of my bread bin because I never used it and now I put everything into a drawer in the cupboard.
3) Organize your spices – If you have lots of different spice jars around your kitchen, they can quickly become disorganized and messy. Instead, buy one large pot and label each section with a marker pen.
Then, once you are done cooking, take everything back out and place them back in their respective sections.
4) Replace your washing machine filter – Washing machines can be expensive to run, so it makes sense to replace filters regularly. The best way to do this is to remove the lid and turn the dial to the lowest setting. Let it run for about 30 minutes before turning it off and letting it drain completely. Once it has drained, open up the lid again and pour any water down the sink. Finally, wash the l
5) Clean out your freezer – Freezers are often forgotten until they stop working correctly, which means that food goes terrible rather than frozen. To avoid this happening, try cleaning out your freezer every few months and throwing away anything that doesn’t taste good anymore.
6) Buy a new knife block – Knives can easily get lost in drawers and cupboards, so it is worth investing in a quality knife block. Make sure you pick one that fits in with your kitchen design and style.
7) Use chalkboard paint – Chalkboards are popular in kitchens and dining rooms due to their versatility. They can be used for writing notes, displaying recipes, or simply as a decorative feature.
However, chalkboards tend to fade over time, so if you want to make yours last longer, consider buying a high gloss version.
8) Update your towels – Most people think that towels are only useful for drying themselves after a shower, but they can be pretty stylish too. Try choosing ones with interesting patterns or colors, and you might nd yourself using them more frequently than you thought!
9) Remove your toilet paper roll holder – These days, most toilets come with built-in holders that prevent toilet rolls from rolling around the floor. But, if you still prefer having a traditional roll holder, you can always purchase one separately.
10) Create a storage system – If you have limited space in your bathroom, keeping all of your items organized can be challenging. So, why not create some extra shelves? You could add hooks above the mirror or hang baskets from the ceiling.
11) add some cushions – Cushions can instantly transform a bed into a cozy spot where you can relax.
Choose ones with exciting prints or designs, and you should soon start seeing them everywhere!
12) Invest in a rug – Rugs are fantastic at adding color and texture to a room and making it feel warmer. They also help to protect floors from getting wet when it rains. It is worth spending a little bit of money on a nice-looking rug.
13) Decorate your walls – Wall art is an easy way to add personality to a bedroom without breaking the bank. There are plenty of places online where you can buy affordable wall art. Alternatively, you could even paint your artwork onto canvas.
14) Organize your books – Bookshelves aren’t just there to hold books; they can also be used to display other things such as trophies, pictures, or knickknacks. This will give your living room a much-needed pop of color and interest.
15) Get rid of clutter – Clutter can take over a room quickly, especially if it isn’t well maintained. So, why not clear everything off the coffee table and put it somewhere else?
16) Put up some curtains – Curtains can change the look of a room, whether you use them to cover windows or to tie back long hair. The best thing about curtains is that they don’t need to match the rest of your décor. You can choose something different each day depending on what mood you’re in.
17) Hang a picture – A simple picture hanging can completely change the look of a living room. Whynot invest in some beautiful frames and ll them with photos of family members or friends?
18) Place a plant – Plants can brighten any room, and they don’t cost a fortune either. Just remember to water them regularly and check that they’re not growing too close to electrical sockets.
So, before you go shopping, make sure you spend a few minutes thinking about how you would like it to fit into your home.
19) Make your sofa comfortable – Your sofa is probably the most significant piece of furniture in your house, which means it deserves to be treated like royalty.
20 ) Use mirrors – Mirrors are great for reflecting light throughout a room and creating a sense of depth. They also allow you to see yourself more clearly than ever before.
21) Buy a new lampshade – Lampshades are often overlooked, but they do so much to improve the appearance of a room. Pick out a shade that matches your existing decor, and you’ll soon find that your space looks brighter and more inviting.
22) Clean your blinds – Blinds are another item that many people overlook when cleaning their rooms.
But, they can have a pretty significant impact on the overall look of a room. So, why not get them cleaned by professionals?
23) Paint your ceiling – If you want to spruce up your tops, then this is one of the easiest ways to do it.
Apply a coat of white gloss paint and let dry. Then, remove all the dust using a vacuum cleaner. Finally, hang some lights above your headboard and enjoy
24) Add some candles – Candles are a fantastic way to create an atmosphere in a room. Not only does the smell relax you, but they also provide a soft glow. And, if you’re feeling adventurous, you could try making your scented wax candles at home.
25) Change your throw pillow – Throw pillows are a great way to inject life into a room. Choose a patterned fabric and stick it behind your sofa. Or, if you prefer, opt for an animal print design.
26) Create a focal point – Focal points are important because they draw attention towards specific areas of a room. For example, if you have a large window, place a vase filled with flowers in front of it.
27) Install a rug – Rugs are a fantastic way to add warmth to a room. They come in all shapes and sizes, and you can even buy them online.
28) Invest in a mirror – Mirrors are great because they rfleect light around the room and give it a fresh feel. Plus, they help reduce glare from the sun.
29) Get rid of clutter – Clutter makes a room seem smaller and less welcoming. So, take time to clear away items that aren’t needed and focus on keeping things neat and tidy.
30) Takedown pictures – Don’t leave old photographs lying around. Instead, please put them in a box and store them safely until you decide to frame them
31) Hang artwork – Artwork adds character to a room, and it doesn’t need to break the bank. You can easily nd affordable prints or paintings online.
32) Replace curtains – Curtains are an easy way to change the look of a room without having to replace everything else. Try choosing something different and unique instead.
However, it’s also tough to keep clean. So, if you don’t like the look of it, rip it off!
33) Remove wallpaper – Wallpaper is a cheap option for changing the look of a room.
34) Update your furniture – Furniture is expensive, and replacing it now and again will save you money in the long run. So, make sure you regularly check out sales and special offers to ensure you always get the best deal possible.
35) Organize your bookshelves – Bookshelves are a great way to display your favorite reads. However, they can quickly become cluttered. So, organize your shelves so that you can see what you have and where you should be placing new purchases.
36) Put up posters – Posters are a fun way to brighten up a room. Choose a colorful image and stick it somewhere prominent.
37) Use mirrors – Mirrors are a great way to reflect light around the room. They also help reduce glare from the windows.
38) Unplug electrical appliances – Electrical appliances such as televisions, DVD players, and computers use lots of energy. So, unplugging them when not in use will help save you money.
39) Upgrade lighting – Lighting is one of the essential elements of any room. It helps set the mood and creates a sense of space. So, invest in quality bulbs and lamps.
40) Use natural materials – Natural materials such as wood and stone are more eco-friendly than synthetic alternatives. But, if you want to go green, then why not consider using bamboo?
These are some of the fantastic ideas which will make your home look completely different and beautiful!