You don’t have to miss out on delicious meals.
Are you looking for vegetarian meal plans for beginners? If yes, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss the different types of vegetarian meals for beginners.
Vegetarianism has become quite popular nowadays. It is considered a healthy lifestyle choice because it helps reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, etc.
If you want to start eating healthier, then you should consider switching to a vegetarian diet. The benefits of adopting a vegetarian diet are endless.
Many health benefits come with being a vegetarian. However, if you are new to this diet, you might wonder what precisely a vegetarian diet entails.
Here’s an overview of some of the most common types of vegetarian diets:
1. Vegan Diet – This is also known as a plant-based diet. It includes food items, not from animal origins, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes.
2. Lacto Vegetarian Diet – This means that dairy products like milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, ice cream, etc., are included in your diet.
3. Ovo Vegetarian Diet – This means eggs are excluded from your diet.
4. Semi Vegetarian Diet- This means that meat substitutes are allowed, but they must be made up of soybeans or other beans.
5. Pescatarian Diet – This means fish and seafood are included in your diet.
6. Omnivorous Diet – This refers to any diet where both plants and animals are consumed.
7. Raw Food Diet – This means no cooked foods are eaten.
8. Fasting Diet – This can be done either by skipping breakfast or lunch. Or one could fast for two days.
9. Ketogenic Diet – This is a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet.
10. Low Carbohydrate High Fat Diet – This is similar to the ketogenic diet except that carbohydrates are still present.
What are Vegetarian Meal Plans for Beginners?
– A beginner vegan diet plan will help you get started with the vegan diet. This diet plan does not include any form of dairy or egg products. All the necessary ingredients are readily available at grocery stores.
The first step on a vegan diet plan would be to eliminate all forms of dairy and eggs from your diet. After doing so, you need to add in all the necessary foods such as cereals, bread, vegetables, seeds, nuts, pulses, fruit, tofu, tempeh, etc. These are all the basic building blocks of vegan meals.
These building blocks account for more than 70% of the whole food intake. So, this makes them crucial components of any vegan diet.
You will find recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts. There are hundreds of vegan recipes out there, and choosing the best ones can be challenging. But that is something you’ll get used to once you have tried several delicious dishes.
A typical day of a beginner vegan diet starts with a bowl of oatmeal or quinoa porridge. Then comes a veggie stir fry using veggies like broccoli, carrots, onions, cabbage, mushrooms, corn, spinach, kale, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic.
For dessert, choose brownies, banana pancakes, cookies, muffins, rice pudding, or milkshakes.
You can use frozen veggies when preparing your veg dishes. Frozen veggies are convenient because they don’t wilt. They are also cheaper than fresh and contain less water content.
Vegetarian Meal Plans for Beginners are:
1. Vegetable Broccoli Stir Fry
Green bell pepper (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
Carrots peeled and cut into small cubes
Salt & black pepper
How to Make it:
Add oil for frying and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
Add green bell pepper and onion and continue cooking until green bell pepper turns soft.
Add ginger and broccoli and cook it until broccoli becomes tender.
Add salt and pepper and mix well. Serve hot!
Breakfast Ideas for a Vegan Diet: Breakfast Recipes For Vegetarians
2. Quinoa Porridge
Quinoa Porridge Recipe:
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once it has cooled down, place it in a blender along with milk, sugar, and salt. Blend it till smooth.
Mix oats flakes too.
Put 1 cup of this mixture into an oven-proof dish and top it over with sliced bananas. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and powdered sugar on top. Bake it for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Let it cool down before garnishing it with sliced almonds.
3. Tofu Scramble Sandwich
Tofu scramble recipe ingredients:
Scrambled tofu pieces
Fresh basil leaves
Red Onion Chopped
Heat the pan over high heat. Add the scrambled tofu into it and flip it around. Cook it on both sides for about 4 minutes. Please remove it from the stove and top it with tomato slices, onion, basil, and cheese.
Top it with a slice of toast. Please put it back on the grill for a couple of seconds. Serve it immediately.
4. Eggplant Pizza
This eggplant pizza is one of the kid’s favorite vegetarian pizzas.
White button mushrooms
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How To make it:
Peel the eggplants and cut them into round shapes. Boil the eggplants in salted water for 5 minutes.
Drain them and pat away excess moisture.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake it for 25 -30 minutes. In a large flatbread maker, spread a thin layer of olive oil and add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and crushed basil. Place all vegetables into the dough and roll out the ball. Let it chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes so that it gets easier to handle. When it’s ready, sprinkle sea salt on it.
5. Veggie Fried Rice
Veggie Fried Rice Ingredients:
Frozen mixed vegetables
Chopped Green Onions
Chop the frozen mixed vegetables into bits. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir fry the vegetables for 2 minutes. Then put them aside.
Add rice and noodles to the wok and cook it for 3 – 5 minutes until browned. Stir in the vegetable mixture. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame seeds, and chopped green onions.
Mix everything and serve it.
These are some of the easy recipes which you must try at home!