Hair loss is a common problem among men and women. It can happen at any age, but it’s usually noticed after 40 years old. The causes of hair loss vary, but several factors contribute to hair thinning.
One of these factors is stress. Stress can cause hair loss because it affects blood ow to the scalp.
Another factor is hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance can lead to hair loss due to low levels of testosterone.
Some foods can help prevent hair loss. In this article, I will share with you some of the best foods that are good for hair growth.
Which fruits and foods are best for hair growth?
Fruits contain many vitamins and minerals which promote healthy hair growth. They provide essential proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, antioxidants, and other vital elements your body needs. These fruits have been used in traditional medicine and modern science to treat various health conditions, including hair problems.
Here are some of the most effective fruits for promoting hair growth:
1) Strawberries – Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. This berry has high vitamin C content and contains an antioxidant called ellagic acid. Ellagic acid helps protect against free radicals and prevents premature aging. Free radical damage occurs when cells lose their ability to repair themselves. When they do so, they become damaged or die prematurely. Antioxidants like ellagic acid fight off free radicals before they start causing harm. Studies show that strawberries may be beneficial for preventing cancerous tumors from forming on skin tissue.
2) Blueberries – Blueberries are another great source of antioxidants. Like strawberries, blueberries contain ellagic acid. However, unlike strawberries, blueberries don’t need to ripen first. You’ll nd them fresh in grocery stores year-round. A study published in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry found that eating two cups of blueberries per day could reduce oxidative DNA damage caused by sun exposure. Oxidative DNA damage leads to cell mutations and cancers. Eating more berries will keep your immune system strong and boost your natural defenses.
3) Apples – Apples are rich sources of quercetin, a powerful anti-inflammatory compound. Quercetin works by reducing inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation plays a role in almost every disease condition. So if you want to improve overall health, eat apples regularly.
4) Bananas – Bananas are loaded with potassium. Potassium promotes proper nerve function and muscle contraction. Both of these things play key roles in maintaining average hair growth. If you’re looking for ways to get rid of dandruff, bananas might be helpful. Dandruff is often associated with dry skin. Dry skin makes it easier for flakes to stick around longer than usual. Banana peel contains lignans, compounds that act similarly to estrogen. Lignans stimulate sebaceous glands. Sebum production increases during puberty and decreases once we reach adulthood. Therefore, banana peels should only be consumed while young adults.
5) Oranges – Orange juice is packed full of Vitamin C. As mentioned above, Vitamin C protects our bodies from free radicals. Free radicals attack healthy tissues such as hair follicles. By protecting hair follicles, Vitamin C reduces hair fall. One cup of orange juice provides 100% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C.
6) Kiwi Fruit – Kiwis are filled with lycopene, a carotenoid pigment known for its potent antioxidant properties. Lycopene fights free radicals and keeps your body protected from diseases.
7) Watermelon – Watermelons have been shown to help prevent prostate enlargement. The reason why this happens is that watermelon contains citrulline, which can increase urine ow. Urine ow is essential since it ushes out toxins from the kidneys. Citrulline also stimulates nitric oxide release.
Nitric oxide relaxes blood vessels and improves circulation. Improved circulation means better oxygen delivery to all parts of the body, including hair follicles.
8 ) Avocados – Avocados’ fatty acids promote good cholesterol levels. Cholesterol is essential for building new cells and repairing old ones. It also aids in keeping hair follicles healthy. Avocado oil was used successfully to treat alopecia. Alopecia causes thinning of scalp hair due to a lack of nutrients.
Avocado oil supplies omega three fats which are necessary for producing keratin proteins. Keratins form protective layers over hair shafts. These layers make hair stronger and thicker.
9) Spinach – Spinach is an excellent food for promoting hair growth. Spinach has high amounts of iron.
Iron is an essential mineral for making red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen through the bloodstream. When there isn’t enough oxygen, the body starts to break down tissue. This process creates free radicals, which cause damage to hair follicles. To protect against this damage, your body needs plenty of iron. Spinach also contains folic acid and vitamin B12. Folic acid prevents homocysteine buildup. Homocysteine damages hair follicles. Vitamin B12 strengthens hair follicles, so they produce healthier hair.
10) Salmon – Salmon is one of the best foods for promoting hair growth
11) Beans – Beans contain lots of fiber. Fiber binds together waste products in the intestines. Waste products clog up the intestinal tract. Clogged intestines mean less room for absorption of nutrients like zinc, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins A, B, and K. Zinc deficiency leads to brittle nails and hair loss. The thyroid gland needs magnesium to produce hormones that regulate metabolism. Calcium supports bone health. Vitamins A, B, and K support immune system functions.
12) Peanuts – Peanuts are rich in protein. Protein builds strong muscles, bones, and connective tissues. Stronger muscles mean more energy. More energy means better performance when doing exercise. Better performance means greater endurance. Endurance means a more remarkable ability to recover from workouts. Recovery allows us to build more muscle. Muscle equals strength. Strength equals power. Power equals speed. Speed equals agility. Agility equals balance. Balance equals stability. Stability equals safety. Safety equals freedom. Freedom means happiness
13) Milk – Milk is an excellent source of calcium. Calcium promotes strong teeth and bones. Bones are made mostly of calcium. Calcium also supports strong cell walls. Cell walls keep cells intact. Intact cells mean fewer broken cells. Broken cells mean an increased risk of cancer. Cancer is terrible news for hair.
14) Eggs – Eggs are loaded with protein. Protein is a major component of hair. Protein makes hair thick and strong. Egg yolks contain high concentrations of choline. Choline is vital for brain function. Brain function is crucial for memory formation. Memory formation is key to learning how to do things like grow hair faster. Learning how to grow hair more quickly will give you more time to enjoy life. Enjoying life is what gives you happiness. Happiness is what makes you feel good about yourself. Feeling good about yourself makes you confident. Confidence makes you attractive. Attractiveness is what draws men to women. Men want to be around beautiful women. They want to spend their lives with them. So, if you’re feeling unhappy or frustrated because you don’t have long hair, eat eggs!
15) Walnuts – Walnuts are excellent sources of protein. Protein is the building block of all living organisms, including humans. Humans need protein to make healthy hair. Healthy hair grows fast.
Fast-growing hair produces large quantities of new hair each month. Large quantities of new hair mean more hair. More hair means longer hair. Longer hair means happier people. Happy people attract other happy people. Other happy people make other happy people even more joyful. The cycle continues until everyone’s happy.
16) Almonds – Almonds are packed full of protein. Protein is the building block of all living organisms, including human beings. Human beings need protein to make healthy hair. Longer hair means happier people.
17) Broccoli – Broccoli is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens collagen. Collagen is the main ingredient of hair. When collagen breaks down, it causes hair thinning and premature graying.
18) Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect against free radical damage. Free radicals damage DNA. DNA controls the production of proteins. Proteins build up inside hair follicles. Buildups of proteins cause hair breakage. Hair breakage means hair loss.
These are the foods which are suitable for your hair. You can intake them according to your wish you must try if you are crazy to have long hair!